Coach U Community News
This periodic newsletter is for all coaches throughout the world and for people interested in personal and professional development.
Training World Class Coaches
April 15, 2003
IN THIS ISSUE:
LINKS TO OUR OTHER RESOURCES:
|NEWS AND EVENTS
- Our pilot in-person Core Essentials Fast Track™ Program is sold out! This program will include all of the materials in our regular Core Essentials Program, however, most of the material will be presented live in San Diego, California. If you are interested in having us offer another in-person Fast Track Program, please email or call us at 1-800-482-6224 with your interest.
- If you're thinking of enrolling into any of our programs, you can now view Sample Course Schedules to see if our upcoming courses fit your schedule. Visit Coach U or Corporate Coach U, click on Programs & Services on the left side, then click on Sample Schedules on the right side.
- Don't forget to take advantage of our new Becoming A Coach TeleClass by enrolling! Here, you can learn basic coaching skills, how to hire a coach, what to look for in a coach training organization, coaching models, ways to market your coaching practice and more!!! Click here to get more information on the teleclass, or contact us at email@example.com. Upcoming Dates (in Eastern Time): May 5 at 7:00 PM, May 6 at 1:00 PM, June 4 at 9:00 PM and June 5 at 3:00 PM.
- Adventures in Intimacy - A
Workshop for Couples - A Special Event Hosted by Coach U.. All
you need is love... right? So why do we flee? Why do we turn cold when our
partner goes steamy? Why do we give our partner the brush-off just when
they want to get playful? Why is there a heartbreaker for every broken
heart and a thundering hailstorm pounding the shell of every cowering
TIMELY & TRENDY TIPS
... on Coaching Skills. Advising is another core coaching skill. Advising is also a great source of debate among coaches. Typically, advice is an educated, experienced opinion. In a coaching session, however, advice might be given in the form of a message, formula, model, information or resource. To me, some degree of advice giving is perfectly acceptable as long as I remain unattached to my client choosing to accept, reject or renegotiate the advice. Take this time to consider and discuss the following questions with your peers: How much advice should be given in a coaching relationship? Is there an advice to questioning ratio? Where does advising turn into consulting?
... on Practice Development. Most successful coaches have used a mentor coach at some point in time. In addition to training, it's important that we go through the coaching process before we actually work with clients. From a practice development standpoint, when you are being mentored, you are also receiving a good deal of advice. Here, you are the client and as mentioned above, you are at choice to accept, reject or renegotiate the advice. Keep in mind that you will want to review advice given to you by your coach, colleagues, faculty members as well as articles and books. What has worked or hasn't worked for another person, may be the very best thing for you to do... Just as we would encourage our clients, we want to act when we find congruency with our head and heart.
... on Personal Foundation. Some of you have been working on your personal foundation on an ongoing basis for quite some time. Certainly, personal foundation is a lifelong process, so good for you! If you are wondering what area to focus on next, perhaps you could ask your very close family members, friends or coaching colleagues for their suggestions.
QUOTE OF THE MONTH
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented and fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small doesn't serve the world. There is nothing enlightening about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you." -- Marianne Williamson, 1993*
*Known to millions of people as "Nelson Mandela's inaugural speech," this truth comforts and reassures. Does it challenge and inspire you as well?
UPCOMING COACHING EVENTS
- May 7-10, 2003. The International Coach Federation's European Conference will be held in Stresa, Lake Maggiore, Italy. From all reports, the ICF's European conferences are a blast and packed with useful information! For more information, click here. Meet Carol Golcher and members of the Coach U Europe team as well as Jennifer Corbin, Allen Nohre and Cyndi Calluori from CoachInc.com.
- August 22-24, 2003. The 2003 International Coach Federation Australasia Conference will be held at the Star City Hotel in Sydney, Australia. This year's theme is "Coaching - Partnering for Success." For more information, click here.
- October 4, 2003. The ICF New York City Chapter will be holding their first annual conference. To take advantage of early registration discounts and to get more information, click here.
- November 13-15, 2003. The 8th Annual International Coach Federation Conference will be located in Denver, Colorado, USA. If you are a new or a seasoned coach, this conference is worth attending. It's not too soon to begin planning! For more information, visit the ICF's website.
Thank You for Subscribing!
Jennifer Corbin, PCC
|A Note from Jennifer
As you may know, we recently launched our new Becoming A Coach TeleClass. We are thrilled that so many of you have decided to participate -- thank you so much! If you have enrolled in this course, please do share your experience with us. We need to hear from you in order to make sure that we continue to meet your needs. In this class, you'll learn all about our brand new coaching model, the 123 Coach! model. Click here to get more information on the teleclass, or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To Unsubscribe/Subscribe: Click here to subscribe or unsubscribe at any time, or email email@example.com.
Special Note: We did not send attachments with this email. However, your email program may have converted embedded HTML images into attached files.
© 2003 Coach U, Inc. and Jennifer Corbin. All rights reserved.